Fresno Slip, Trip and Fall Injury Lawyers
Types of Slip, Trip and Fall injuries That We Can Help With
What should you do after a Slip, Trip or Fall Accident?
- Get medical attention immediately
- Report the incident to management at the store or the property owner
Document, document, document.
- Take photographs of what you slipped/tripped on
- Get the witnesses names and contact information
- Get a statement with your phone of what the witness saw happen
- Keep your receipt from the store if you make a purchase
- Get the names of the employees that took report and/or witnessed the incident
Don’t wait, call a personal injury attorney right away.
- You pay nothing unless we win your case.
- Attorney Tim Mazzela is available 24 hours a day to meet with you by phone, via video chat, or in person. Because of COVID, we are not available to come to homes or hospitals, but we can handle business.
Why hire a slip and fall injuries accident attorney?
Slip, trip, and fall cases are confusing and complex and you only have a limited time to file a claim. You must prove:
- There was an unreasonably dangerous condition of public/private property
- That the landowner knew or should have known about the unreasonably dangerous condition
- That the danger condition was a substantial factor in causing the slip and fall incident.
Having the credibility of a good personal injury attorney will enhance the credibility and value of your case.
When should you call a slip and fall injuries accident lawyer?
As soon as you receive your emergency medical treatment, you should call a personal injury attorney so witnesses testimony can be recorded and video surveillance preserved. Video evidence must be requested immediately or it will be lost and written over by the recording device. The personal injury attorney will send a spoliation of evidence letter (Spoliation is the destruction, alteration, or mutilation of evidence especially by a party for whom the evidence is damaging.) to preserve and protect the video evidence in your case.
What can I be compensated for when I’m injured in a slip and fall injuries accident?
Placing a value on a case takes years of legal expertise. To determine the value of a case, Fresno personal injury attorney Tim Mazzela draws on decades of experience with his verdicts and settlements, reviews other prominent lawyers verdicts and settlements, and uses resources not available to the general public.
California law recognizes the following items as Economic Damages
- Past medical expenses
- Future medical expenses
- Past wage loss
- Future wage loss
- Loss of earning capacity
- Past and future surgeries
- Past and future medical expenses
- Loss of household services
- Modifying your home to accommodate the disability
- Out-of-pocket expenses you incurred to accommodate the injuries and disabilities caused the accident.
California law recognizes the following items as Non-Economic Damages
- Impact on your personal life
- Impact on your family relationships
- Impact on your professional life
- The impact on your life and your family’s lives
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Mental/emotional distress
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Temporary disability
- Permanent disability